There are currently opportunities to serve on our 2018 board. Please contact us if you would like more information.
2018 Executive Board: Friends of the Davie County Public Library
President, Serisa Johnson
Vice President, Marcia Philips
Treasurer, Marsha Crooker
Board Members at Large:
+ 3 vacant postitions
Opportunities to Volunteer:
- Serve on the F.O.L. Board: Vice President, Board Member at Large Position (1 open)
- Help at Book Sales: set up, clean-up, organizing and selling books during sales
- Volunteer at the Summer Reading Program Party: volunteers help serve and purchase refreshments for this Youth Services Department activity
- Program Committee: plans program for our annual and other meetings
- Receptions Committee: plans refreshments, decorations etc. for our hosted activities, and library activities as needed (Summer Reading Program, Library Staff Luncheon, National Library Week, Author’s events, Volunteer Thank You activities, etc.)
- Publicity Committee: publicizes programs, projects and fundraising efforts
- Teen Volunteers: Youth Groups, 4-H clubs, Girl or Boy Scout Troops, Ruritans and other groups are welcome to volunteer at sales and other activities.